A little over two months ago I entered what we’ll call the last year of my mid-thirties. If you get around blogland much, you’ve probably seen a few 30 before 30 (or similar) lists. I’m a fan of making lists and have decided to make one of my own, a few things that I would like to do in my 36th (there I said it) year, a sort of bucket list for the year. To assist in my quest, I recently downloaded the Wonderful Day app. It’s based on the Seinfeld philosophy that if you create a chain of good habits, you will be more likely to stick to it and less likely to break the chain. So far, it’s helped me focust on some of the things I would like to accomplish. A few of the goals on my list are:
- Master Chopin’s Nocturne No.1 in B flat minor, Op.9 No.1 – I’ll preface this with saying that I’ve yet to play a Chopin piece. Beethoven and Mozart are more my speed. There are five flats in this piece! I’ve been trying to play every day and have started to re-master some pieces that I used to be able to play.
- Learn to use the manual settings on my camera – I’ve been reading up on this but think I really need a class to push me to do it. Fortunately, I’ve discovered that my church is going to have a photography class this Fall.
- Catch up with old friends – I have several friends that I have kind of lost touch with, many of which I used to at least get together for lunch/dinner periodically. I’m going to try to do that more.
- Learn to shoot – I’ve inherited my Grandmother’s gun and want to learn to use it. I think I’ll channel Claire Dunphy and spend some time at the firing range.
- Run a 5K – Yeah, I know most people say “Run a Marathon,” a 5K is way more my speed. I wish there was a Color Run nearby. I’ve been working out more and have downloaded Zombies, Run! I think it’s going to make running more enjoyable, I just need to figure out how to get it to work with my workout playlists.
- Go skydiving – This one’s been on my list awhile. Anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good plane with me?
What’s on your bucket list?