In my New Year’s Day post, I shared that I intend to spend a good part of this year focusing on Lettering. There are so many things I want to learn and improve upon, including:
- Improving my calligraphy skills
- Develop my own calligraphy style
- Develop great compositions (whether it be hand lettered by me or when using fonts)
- Become skilled at lettering from scratch in Illustrator
- Become skilled at swashes
- Become skilled at digitizing hand lettering
- Create and sell lettered pieces. I want to expand my retail items this year to include T-Shirts. I have been collecting words/phrases that I think would work well for this. I’ve also been wanting to do a weekly calendar/planner for awhile. I hope to have enough lettered pieces to assemble something like this for 2016.
My homework for this week is to read through Sarah Dayan’s blog posts, complete at least five online tutorials, and put pen to paper and practice.
Leave a Reply